Build Updates (Master List)
Linux - December 22, 2015
- Added platform support for Linux & SteamOS
Patch v1.7 - July 28, 2015
- Added support for new DLC content, Never Alone: Foxtales
- Added support for Chinese (Simplified) language
- Additional bug fixes and optimizations
Patch v1.6 - March 17, 2015
- Added support for six new languages:
- Added an automatic performance detection tool to improve the experience for low-spec machines
- Assorted minor, miscellaneous bug fixes
Soundtrack & Mac - February 26, 2015
- Never Alone official soundtrack now available for purchase on Steam
- Mac version support released - if you've purchased Never Alone on Steam in the past, you now automatically have the Mac version
Patch v1.5 - January 29, 2015
- Inputs for movement and actions are now able to be remapped to different keys
- Tutorial messages will now show the key currently being used for the tutorialized action
- Control summaries will now show the currently assigned keys
- Added a new idle animation for Nuna and Fox when they are at their most common distance apart
- Added a new "barely stumble" animation for Nuna when she barely misses a jump
- AI characters will now stop moving when the player performs a "ledge brink"
- Updated video codecs to the latest version
- Fix for characters playing their "ledge scramble" animation in situations where they had already made the jump
- Fix for menu navigation not looping once the end/start of a menu is reached
- Fix for the Bola not always hitting Spirits correctly
- Fix for Fox not having the same "jump at the last possible instant" ability as Nuna
- Fix for characters not being able to jump until their "ledge brink" animation has finished
- Fix for AI characters getting caught by enemies in Coastal Village
- Miscellaneous improvements and fixes to menus and other UI
Patch v1.4 - January 7, 2015
- Some Intel HD integrated graphics chipsets were causing a crash when players tried to play the game on PC. Thanks to users who have helpfully sent in their crash reports and DirectX diagnostic files — and the diligence of our Engineering and QA teams — the latest version of Never Alone on PC should no longer cause that crash.
Patch v1.3 - December 16, 2014
- AI characters will now perform a "ledge brink" on the edge of ledges
- AI characters will now climb out of water more intelligently in the Whale Spirit chapter
- Fox will now follow Nuna more closely in the last few chapters of the game
- Fix for Nuna playing the wrong animation when running off ledges
- Fix for Nuna sliding away from movable objects
- Fix for movable objects sometimes causing characters to "teleport" unexpectedly
- Fix for AI characters not properly waiting after reversing direction
- Fix for the camera locking in place after skipping the opening cinematic in the Prelude chapter
- Fix for Nuna climbing in midair on a certain ledge in the Prelude chapter
- Fix for AI characters jumping off the first Helping Spirits in the Tundra chapter
- Fix for AI characters not following the player underground in the Nuna's Village chapter
- Fix for Fox getting stuck at the entrance to the underground in the Nuna's Village chapter
- Fix for an ice wall not showing up correctly after a player death in the Nuna's Village chapter
- Fix for AI characters improperly jumping into a chasm in the Nuna's Village chapter
- Fix for breakable ice in the Nuna's Village breaking too early on an errant throw
- Fix for Nuna getting stuck on a structure in the Nuna's Village chapter
- Fix for a case that could cause the cinematic of returning the drum to the owl man to not properly complete
- Fix for Polar Bear getting stuck on the collapsing ice bridge in the Ice Floes chapter
- Fix for a tutorial message in the Whale Spirit chapter displaying improperly after continuing from the main menu
- Fix for AI-controlled Fox twitching between two different states in the last few chapters in the game
- Fix for "fidget" animations between Nuna and Fox not playing
- Fix for characters moving through solid objects while trying to perform their "fidget" animations
- Fix for Nuna getting stuck on a specific ledge in the Forest Lake chapter
- Fix for the Forest Walker Spirit leaving Nuna behind if Nuna jumped off its branches back to solid ground
- Fix for Nuna not being properly crushed by moving ice in the Tundra Meadow chapter
- Fix for breakable ice in the Tundra Meadow chapter not properly breaking
Patch v1.2 - December 5, 2014Many more fixes to improve companion AI in single-player mode:
- AI will no longer accidentally run off a ledge if the controlled character performs a "ledge brink"
- In single-player mode, the companion character will now more closely follow the player during dangerous situations
- AI will now wait for wind gusts to end before following the player in the Tundra
- The companion character will swim more intelligently and get out of water more easily
- Fix for AI characters not properly waiting if the player-controlled character entered a wait location
- Fix for AI Fox accidentally running off a specific ledge in Whale Spirit
- Fix for AI Nuna bumping her head on a jump and falling into the water near the end of Whale Spirit
- Fix for AI Nuna falling off a Spirit near the end of Whale Spirit if Fox moves
- Fix for AI character not waiting for the player on a specific ledge if the AI character climbs out of the water in Whale Spirit
- Fix for AI Fox failing to move when Nuna runs towards him while on the Spirit Walker
- Fix for AI Nuna accidentally running off an upper branch of Spirit Walker if Fox moves
- Fix for AI Nuna not jumping onto a Spirit Walker branch
- Bola aiming via gamepad is now completely tied to where the initial throw is aimed
- Default mouse sensitivity has been lowered to improve bola aiming — the setting can be found in the Advanced section of the Input Options menu
- Added a glow on the currently controlled character after a few seconds of being idle, to improve clarity on which character is active
- Added a pulse on the currently controlled character when they move again after the idle glow
- Fox will no longer scramble up walls if he is too close to a ceiling
- Added a checkpoint right before the end of Coastal Village
- Increased the size and clarity of large ice in the Forest Chase
- Added immunity to wind drift and knockdown while pulling up from a ledge
- Fix for extremely brief movement improperly triggering a "ledge brink"
- Fix for Vsync setting not properly applying on exiting the options menu
- Fix for the opening cinematic requiring two skips to skip
- Fix for improper ragdoll on Fox
- Fix for issues resulting from falling off a ledge while pulling an object
- Fix for objects not functioning correctly after watching a Cultural Insight video during gameplay
- Improvements for the Loon Spirits in Nuna's Village moving unnaturally
- Fix for Little Person never fleeing after continuing midway through Nuna's Village
- Fix for Fox getting stuck on the slide at the entrance to the underground beneath Nuna's Village
- Fix for characters accidentally climbing on movable objects without jumping
- Fix for the camera being zoomed out too far after continuing midway through Nuna's Village
- Fix for characters getting stuck on Manslayer ice barriers in Nuna's Village
- Fix for Fox getting stuck in the ice while scrambling up a wall in the bear den
- Fix for not being able to proceed if Fox gets far ahead of Nuna midway through Whale Spirit
- Fix for the sliding box in Coastal Village not always sliding
- Fix for a Bola spirit not functioning if the player dies at the end of the Forest level
Patch v1.1 - November 21, 2014Improved single-player AI so the character you're not controlling will behave more intelligently, including:
- Implemented global change to prevent AI companion character from following improperly in specific situations.
- Improved level-specific AI triggers to prevent AI Companions from following or jumping at times that would cause loss of progress or death.
- Fixed issues where AI Fox would not stay put when he was supposed to, causing Spirits to dematerialize and drop Nuna in specific situations.
- Improved AI Waypoints in Forest Chapter to improve pathfinding behavior.
- Fixed issue with Partner AI Fidget Animations that could cause erratic behavior in specific situations.
- Adjusted the difficulty of the last few chapters of the game so it is more balanced with earlier chapters.
- Added support for playing in offline mode.
- Fixed issue where certain players could not save their progress.
- Fixed issue where pressing certain keys on the keyboard while playing with a controller would activate co-op mode. Now only Space Bar and all Letter Keys on standard QWERTY keyboards will activate co-op mode.
- Adjusted collision detection for breakable ice that was not activating reliably in specific cases.
- Fixed issue that could cause Nuna to become detatched from animated ladders in specific cases.
- Fixed issue with Crushing Ice Bergs where characters could be killed as they opened instead of being crushed in specific cases.
- Fixed issue that could cause Fox to become stuck in level geometry in specific cases in the Polar Bear’s Den.