GAME WON’T LAUNCH
Verify Game Cache (Steam)
If you installed the game through Steam, you can verify the game cache:
- Right click NEVER ALONE in your STEAM LIBRARY → select PROPERTIES → choose LOCAL FILES tab → click the button to VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.
Update Video Card Drivers
Please ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Many computers have an icon in the lower right of the system tray (next to date and time). You can click the corresponding icon for your graphics card and select ‘check for updates’. Otherwise, you can access and download drivers from the following links:
ATI Radeon/AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
For some users uninstalling and reinstalling the game has solved this issue.
There are known stability issues when running on a machine with an Intel 4600 HD integrated graphics chipset.
Updating the drivers for the Intel 4600 HD has helped some users launch the game without issue.
You can find those drivers at the following link:
Users with Nvidia and Internal HD Graphics Cards
You will want to run Never Alone from your NVIDIA card. Here is a link on how to manage 3D settings:
Never Alone supports Co-Op mode locally on the same computer only. Co-Op mode can be initiated with two controllers OR keyboard & mouse and one controller. Input mode can be changed between players while in game:
- Select OPTIONS → select SETTINGS → select INPUT SETTINGS → select PLAYER (X) CONTROL → PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE DEVICE YOU WANT TO USE
We have tested the PC version with a variety of controllers. If you have any problems using a controller please ensure you have the latest drivers for the connected device.
XBOX ONE Controller Drivers: XBox One Controller PC Compatibility Drivers
XBOX 360 Controller: XBox 360 Controller for Windows Drivers
Logitech Gamepad F310: Logitech Gamepad Drivers
Keyboard & Mouse
Never Alone will default to Keyboard and Mouse settings if no controller is detected.
- To view controls from in game, select OPTIONS → select CONTROLS
Rebind Your Keys
Never Alone also supports Advanced Control and Key Rebinding settings:
- Select OPTIONS → select SETTINGS → select INPUT SETTINGS → select KEY BINDINGS
- From there you can manually change your key binding settings. Make sure that you don't leave a key unbound.
If you are experience sub-optimal performance, please close any background applications and ensure that your machine meets the minimum system requirements:
Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 240 GT or Radeon HD 6570
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
If you are still experiencing problems, please try editing the in game video settings:
- Select OPTIONS → select SETTINGS → select VIDEO SETTINGS → select RESOLUTION → select a lower resolution → select CONFIRM
- from here you can also toggle FULL SCREEN on and off
- Select OPTIONS → select SETTINGS → select VIDEO SETTINGS → select QUALITY → select LOW → select CONFIRM
- Select OPTIONS → select SETTINGS → select VIDEO SETTINGS → select VSYNC
- VSYNC OFF = unlimited frames per second
- VSYNC 1 = game caps maximum frames per second to 60
- VSYNC 2 = game caps maximum frames per second to 30
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE SOLUTIONS WORK
- Please report your problem to us with as much detail as possible. You can contact us at support [at] neveralonegame [dot] com
- Please mention your operating system and any other relevant system information in your email.
- Providing a DirectX Diagnostic report can help us identify the source of the problem. Please save the text file and send it along with your email and mention (Standalone or Steam Version)by following these instructions below:
- Hold down the Windows key (located to the left and right of your "alt" keys) and press R on your keyboard. This should open up a run prompt for you.
- Type DxDiag into that run prompt and click "OK." It generally takes up to 30 seconds for your DxDiag to load.
- Click "Save All Information" located along the bottom of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- You will be asked to select a location to which you'd like to save this file. The default location is generally your desktop.
- Once your DxDiag has been saved you are ready to attach it to an email.
- Send it as an attachment with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org